Disclosure: “Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. The commissions earned help me offset the costs of running this blog so please support if you choose to purchase, it is much appreciated.”
Munchkin recently launched their own nasal aspirator, ClearNose. If you are not familiar with nasal aspirator’s you use them to suck the mucus out of a babies nose as they cannot yet blow their own nose. It might sound disgusting but none of the mucus get’s in your mouth and it will help your little one breath easier when they have a cold.A lot of companies make nasal aspirators so what’s so different about this one? Well I have used the Nosefrida, Graco NasalClear, the old school bulb syringe and another battery operated one that I can’t remember the name of and the ClearNose is by far my favorite. Here are the reasons why:
1. It includes 3 different shaped nose tips. All noses are not made equal and I like that there are options for different size/shaped noses.
2. There are no filters required. The popular Nosefrida requires filters which adds to the overall cost of the product as you have to continuously replace them.
3. It is very easy to clean, just wash with soap and water and let it air dry.
4. It’s also very easy to use, you insert the hose into the part that has the nose tips and suck to remove the mucus. To change the nasal tips gently pull to remove it and push in a new one. Listen, my husband used it correctly without reading the instructions so it’s safe to say you won’t have any difficulties :-).
5. The nose tips are made of a soft material and will not hurt your child’s nose.
6. It comes with a carrying case that keeps everything in place. The bottom of the case holds the two additional nose tips so you don’t lose any pieces. The case in general is great as it’s easy to travel with the product or toss in your diaper bag and not get lost.
So how much does it cost and where can you get it?
Right now you can purchase the ClearNose directly on Munchkins website and it will cost you $17.00. If you purchase at Target or order from Amazon it will be $18.99. Although it’s cheaper on Munchkin.com unless you are buying $25 worth of stuff you will end up paying the same as the other stores after you add the shipping costs.
One thing to note, although the box says it’s for 0-12 months, I used it on Jordyn who will be 3 in a few months and it worked great on her too! She still can’t quite blow her nose on her own and it proved to be very helpful.