I don’t know about you guys but it’s hard enough for me to sleep comfortably on a plane much less having my toddler lay on me to get herself comfortable. There’s nothing worse thing than a cranky, tired toddler on an airplane. So when I came across the fight hammock by Fly LegsUp I was amazed. So what is a flight hammock? It turns your regular coach seat into a bed for your toddler. This products is essential for surviving long haul flights with kids (promo code below).
Every Fly LegsUp Flight Hammock comes with the below.
Look at my daughter knocked out sleeping all comfortably on our flight to Phuket!
Related: 6 Products for Sleeping on the Go with Young Kids
I will admit I felt a little weird installing it. Since it comes in a small carrying case you have to inflate the two pillows but they don’t take long to inflate. You attach the velcro straps to the tray table, insert the pillow and voila! I’m sure the people next to us were amazed once they saw the end result. The velcro makes a little noise and your inflating pillows on a plane so it definitely brings attention. Luckily for us our family took up the entire row but I’m sure the people in the row across from me were like what the heck is she doing.
What I Love about Fly LegsUp:
- It takes 5 mins to assemble
- Younger or shorter kids can lay flat for optimal comfort
- For older kids it can still serve as a foot rest as you can choose the size pillow you use to make it lower than the seat
- It doesn’t hinder the use of the seat belt
- It comes with inflatable pillows so you don’t have to bring your own
- You can still use it if the person in front of you reclines their seat
- It doesn’t hinder the use of your tray table
- It folds down compact and easily fits in a backpack or purse
Downfalls of Fly LegsUp:
- If you are sitting in a bulkhead seat because you are also traveling with an infant using a bassinet you can’t use it as it requires a tray table in front of you
- If you don’t have the window seat and someone you don’t know is sitting there you may not be able to use it if they aren’t comfortable hopping over your child to get to the restroom
Conclusion: I think it’s a great product and if you fly frequently with your kids, especially on long-haul flights the $79.99 AUD (about $60 USD) price is more than worth it!
Fly LegsUp Promo Code: To receive 5% off your purchase use promo code FLYCHILD.
(Unfortunately Fly LegsUp is low in stock and no longer honoring this promo code as of 5/13, here are some other recommendations)
Disclosure: I received this product from Fly LegsUp but all opinions are my own and true!
Any promotion codes
Just was wondering what airline did you use to get to Bangkok. I was think of buying fly legs up and using on United Airline
Monet Hambrick says
So far I have used it on Delta, Qatar Airways, AirAsia, and Scandanavian Airlines.
Catherine Siew says
Hi, wondering Emirates allow this product to use?
Monet Hambrick says
We have never flown with Emirates so I am honestly not sure, I’d try contacting them or Fly LegsUp directly to find out.
Just wondering if you know if Qatar still allow these on their flights? I contacted them via Facebook to ask and they said no..